Gear up to become your own boss
We help members of Republikken gear up to become self-employed, answering all the essential questions, such as:
– what kind of company structure should I set up?
– how do I do my bookkeeping?
– how do I draft a supplier contract?
– do I need to protect my design?
We have collaborated with the finest experts we know, each offering their knowledge and expertise for members to get properly started.
Feel free to contact them if you’d like to be briefed on next steps. The introductory counselling / session is free. There experts will help to identify your particular problem and define next steps you have to take.
If you have any questions about the program, fill out the form below. If you’d like to know how to become a member, check membership page.
LEGAL ADVISOR LARS PETER MUNCH LARSEN
Lars Peter Munch Larsen can advise small and medium sized businesses in the area of business law. Ask him about:
- how to draft your first contract with a customer or supplier
- marketing law
- personal data protection law.
ACCOUNTANT HANS HENRIK BERTHING
Hans Henrik is an accountant that we’ve been working with for many years. We highly recommend talking to him about:
- company structure (as, aps, Ks, ivs )
- how to run your bookkeeping and digitilize your accounting
- tax and VAT issues
- the advantages of integrating your personal and company economies
- preparation of your bi-yearly/quarterly financial statements
Hans Henrik runs his own state-authorized auditing company, in addition to which he teaches auditing at Aalborg University. You can read more about Hans and his expertise on LinkedIn or verifica.dk
DIGITAL CONSULTANT THOMAS PALUDAN
Thomas Paludan has been working with online marketing, digital media, websites and online business since 2004. He can help you to be more visible online with:
- Google Adwords – setup and optimization
- online marketing – e.g. banners and retargeting
- Facebook and Instagram marketing
- SEO (search engine optimization)
- online business optimization
Thomas has a unique background in consumer insights and analytics, and a lot of practical experience with online and social marketing setup. Don’t hesitate to book a session with him.
VISUAL IDENTITY AND LOGO EXPERT TROELS HEIEN
A strong visual identity is essential for attracting clients and winning your end user’s trust – it’s about showing your unique abilities, as well as talking about them. A consistent visual identity across digital and analogue platforms is what Troels excels at. He can give you advice and feedback on:
- your company’s or profile’s visual identity on- and offline
- logo design and other visual elements in your business’s design guide
- overall communication and identity
Troels is educated as an architect and designer specializing in creating brand identities – book a session with him and let him take a brief look at your visual identity.
LEGAL COUNSEL MARIA DAM JENSEN
Maria is a specialist in intellectual property (IP) law and advises on all matters within this area, e.g. trademarks, designs, domain names, copyrights, etc. You can talk to her about:
- the difference between a patent, a trademark and a design
- how to protect your digital service or app
- the typical challenges you may face in relation to IP – and how to avoid them
- IP strategy
- NDA and license agreements
Maria has been working as a legal counsel at Awapatent since 2012. She has a background in the pharmaceutical industry on issues relating to IP, where she was developing, registering and defending trademarks and domain names. You can read more about Maria on LinkedIn.